Arcus Elecktrotechnik Alois Schiffmann GmBH
The company ARCUS Schiffmann was founded by Alois Schiffmann in Munich in 1928.
Inventiveness, diligence and efforts to meet market conformity helped the ARCUS-Trademark to a victorious career. Since then it is understood to stand for research, development and quality. In the course of history the company several times performed pioneer work on the fields of safety and contact technique, such as:
- the first range-taking overhead line clamp for copper lines
- cable connectors for live working in the 1 kV underground cable network
- the first high voltage live line tester with audible indication for 380 kV nominal voltage
- the first insulating rod also to be used with precipitation under live conditions
- earthing and short circuiting devices with restricted guidance for the highest short circuit rating of the present European power transmission system.