Boddingtons Electrical 20kV Dielectric Safety Boots Class 2 Certified, with a Steel ToeCap and Vulcanized Rubber Sole - UK Size 8/EU Size 42
An electrically insulating Class 2 dielectric boot with an integral steel toe cap and vulcanized rubber sole for superior slip resistance. Dielectric boot provides high voltage protection of up to 20kV over the complete boot for over 8 hours, and 35kV over the sole for 3 minutes. This high-voltage boot is suitable for use by electricians, utility engineers and live working up to 17kV.
|Complete boot:||20 kV||8 hours no damage|
|5 kV||Less than 5mA Leakage current|
|Sole:||35 kV||3 minutes no damage|
Dielectric boots are used where there is a risk of electric shock from high voltages. Without the the correct PPE a high voltage electric current can stop the heart or produce fatal burns.
Dielectric boots are used for working on live power or in the area of live power as current can jump large distances, especially in wet or damp conditions. Even when high voltage equipment has been switched off, there may be a residual charge on the equipment which could cause an injury. There have also been fatalities caused by digging in locations where power cables are buried underground and the cable has been inadvertently cut by a drill, shovel or mole.
Over 30% of industrial accidents result from slips, trips and falls - as boots are used in an environment where there are liquids present, a slip resistant sole is crucial, which is why we fit a high-performance vulcanised rubber sole to our boots. This provides a number of important benefits:
- Slip resistance is twice that required by EN 13287 SRA and SATRA TM144 standards
- Grip is 30% better than with a conventional safety boot sole
- Wear resistance is two to three times that of conventional soles
- The sole is resistant to fuel and oil
- Greater cut resistance than conventional soles
- Resistance to hot contact for 60 seconds at 300℃
- Cold insulation
- Yellow dielectric compound shaft
- 200 Joule Epoxy coated Steel toe cap to EN ISO 20345
- Seamless construction
- Kick off lug
- Extra shin protection
- Adjustable height
- Ankle guard
- Non-wicking knitted nylon lining
- Comfort insole (removable and machine washable)
- REACH Compliant
- Blue vulcanized rubber sole for maximum grip - 30% better than a conventional safety boot sole
- SRC Slip resistance, with SRA performance twice that required by EN 13287 SRA and SATRA TM144 standards
- Cleated outsole for maximum grip
- Two to three times the wear resistance of conventional soles
- Fuel and oil resistant
- Greater cut resistance than conventional soles
- Resistance to hot contact 60 seconds 300℃
- Energy absorbing tunnel system conforms to EN 20345 E
- Cold insulation to EN ISO 20345
- Machine washable at up to 40℃
- Shelf life of over 10 years
- Safety Footwear EN ISO 20345:2011 - SB E CI HRO SRA FO
- Electrically Insulating Footwear EN 50321:2018 Class 2 AC
- Dielectric Footwear ASTM F1117
- Personal Protective EquipmentPPE DIR 89/686/EEC
MaterialYellow Dielectric Compound Shaft
Safety Class CategoryClass 2 (Electrically Insulating Footwear)
Electrical Resistance Tested UpToEvery boot tested to 20kV
Sizes Available (UK/EU)UK Size 8 - EU Size 42
ManufacturerBoddingtons Electrical Ltd
Boddingtons Electrical Ltd partner with TNT for our UK consignments. Should you wish for your orders to have shipping notifications you can advise of an email address that we can add to the TNT shipping software to initiate this for your account.
Purchase order placed before 3pm with the item ex-stock can be processed for same day shipment. We do have the flexibility to process orders at a later time but please check with customer services .
- Standard - 2-3 working days
- Express - Next-day delivery - by end of business day
- 12:00 - Next-day delivery - guaranteed by noon
- 10:00 - Next-day delivery - guaranteed by 10am
- 9:00 - Next-day delivery - guaranteed by 9am
Minimum Order Value
The minimum order value for carriage paid orders is £250.00 (nett) excluding vat.
Carriage paid orders exclude Timed Services such as 9am/10am/Noon.
We do not have a minimum order value however a carriage charge will be applied depending on the service level chosen.
Heavier/Dimensional/Large Items - Matting/Cable Guard/StayWire/BodTech
'Heavier items' including some of the above will incur a shipping charge of £15.00 excluding vat due to there size/dimensions/weight.
EN 50321-1:2018 is the new standard for insulating footwear for live working and was published earlier this year, it replaces EN 50321:1999 and is currently out for approval as an IEC standard which will make it a global standard, not just European.
The main changes in the 2018 revision are the introduction of new 4 classes (see below) for working up to 36 KV (the old standard only went up to Class 0 - 1 KV). Boots are now tested by filling with water instead of ball bearings to simulate water or perspiration potentiality wicking up the lining and creating a flash over. There is also now an electrical test after perforation of the sole by a nail, to ensure boots still give electrical protection after perforation. Even non-metallic perforation inserts can allow water to pass through them so will allow an electrical current to pass when the sole is punctured. The table below lists the classes and the test requirements:
|Class Rating||Maximum Working Voltage||Withstand Test Voltage||Leakage Current Test Voltage||Maximum Leakage Current|
|Class 0||1kV||10kV||5kV||5mA (8mA)|
|Class 1||7.5kV||20kV||10kV||10mA (16mA)|
(Overboot requirements are in brackets where they are different from knee high boots)