Electrical Insulating Matting (Switchboard Matting)
Boddingtons Electrical Ltd manufacture a range of electrical insulating matting , often referred to as switchboard matting
Rubber is known for its exceptional electrical insulating properties. With the ability to reduce or stop electric currents, electrical rubber matting or switchboard matting is a common surface for high voltage environments. Used to protect workers from electrical shocks it is ideal for plant rooms, control rooms, switchboards and places where individuals handle live equipment.
We offer the most extensive and compliant range of Electrical Safety Matting/Switchboard Matting in the UK - IEC61111 (all classes), ASTM D178, BS 921 .
Modern standards such as BS EN 61111 and ASTM D178 include requirements for amongst other things flame resistance, low smoke, oil resistance, and puncture resistance and are often selected for these properties
Choose with care
Electrical safety mats are made specifically for the purpose of shock prevention and are tested to withstand certain specified voltages, so it is crucial that the right level of protection is allowed for, in line with the voltage of the equipment that is being worked on.
The European standard IEC 61111:2009 that has replaced the national standards of the EU countries sorts the electrical insulating matting as to its resistance to high tension breakdown into 5 classes.
- Class 0 - Working voltage: 1 000 V - Proof voltage: 5 000 V - Withstand voltage: 10 000 V
- Class 1 - Working voltage: 7 500 V - Proof voltage: 10 000 V - Withstand voltage: 20 000 V
- Class 2 - Working voltage: 17 000 V - Proof voltage: 20 000 V - Withstand voltage: 30 000 V
- Class 3 - Working voltage: 26 500 V - Proof voltage: 30 000 V - Withstand voltage: 40 000 V
- Class 4 - Working voltage: 36 000 V - Proof voltage: 40 000 V - Withstand voltage: 50 000 V