Fully Insulated Tools
- Cable Core Stripper
- Cable Core Wedges
- Cable Knife/Coring Knife
- Connector Holding Tools
- Core Bending Bars
- Electrician Scissors
- Insulated Allen Keys
- Insulated Saws/HackSaws
- Insulated Hammer
- Insulated Link Extractors
- Insulated Nut Spinners
- Insulated Pliers
- Insulated Screwdrivers
- Adjustable Spanners
- Adjustable Spanners Bahco
- Adjustable Spanners with Handstop
- Box Spanners
- Fully Insulated Adjustable Spanners
- Gear Wrench Spanners - Metric
- General Purpose Open Ended Spanners
- Hammer Head Adjustable Spanner
- Open Ended Spanners - Metric/Whitworth/A/F
- Ring Spanners - Metric/Whitworth/A/F
- Spanner Sets
- Insulated Socket Inserts + Sets + T Bar Levers
- Insulated Torque Wrenches
- Insulated Tool Kits
- Jointers Tool Kits
- Ratchet Cutters
- Reversible Ratchet Lever
- Supplementary Tools And Accessories
- Tape Measure and Rulers
- Tool Cases/Boxes/Bags
- Cable Preparation Tools
- Cable Tray Matting
Electrical Insulating Matting (Switchboard Matting)
- ASTM D178 Switchboard Rubber Matting
- 450V Switchboard Rubber Matting 11kV Test Voltage
- 650V BS921 Switchboard Rubber Matting 15kV Test Voltage
- 1000V IEC61111 Class 0 Switchboard Rubber Matting 5kV Test Voltage
- 17,000V IEC61111 Class 2 Switchboard Rubber Matting 20kV Test Voltage
- 26,500V IEC61111 Class 3 Switchboard Rubber Matting 30kV Test Voltage
- 36,000V IEC61111 Class 4 Switchboard Rubber Matting 40kV Test Voltage
Personal Protective Equipment
- Arc Flash Protection
- Dielectric Insulating Safety Boots
- Insulated Safety Footwear
Electrical Safety Gloves
- 500V LV Electrical Safety Gloves Class 00 Tested to EN 60903 and IEC 60903
- 1000V LV Electrical Safety Gloves Class 0 Tested to EN 60903 and IEC 60903
- 7500V MV Electrical Safety Gloves Class 1 Tested to EN 60903 and IEC 60903
- 17000V MV Electrical Safety Gloves Class 2 Tested to EN 60903 and IEC 60903
- 26500V MV Electrical Safety Gloves Class 3 Tested to EN 60903 and IEC 60903
- 36000V MV Electrical Safety Gloves Class 4 Tested to EN 60903 and IEC 60903
- Electrical Safety Glove Accessories
- Face Shields
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Helmets
- Insulating Shrouding
- Electrical Safety Products
- Temporary Earthing and Short Circuiting Equipment
- Periodic Testing Services
- Digital Catalogue Publications
Periodic Testing Of Safety Gloves Classes 00, 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4
Improper use of rubber insulating gloves can be a matter of life and death. Get them retested regularly to make sure that they are still electrically safe. Treat your rubber gloves well and they can last a long time.
1 - Expiration date
Insulating rubber gloves have no expiry date and may be used as long as they comply with the periodic inspection.
2 - The periodic inspection
Class 00 and Class 0
For class 00 and class 0 gloves, a check for air leaks a visual inspection may be considered adequate. However a routine dielectric test may be performed at the owner's request.
Class 1, 2 , 3 and 4
No of gloves of class 1, 2, 3 and 4, not even those held in storage , should be used unless they have been tested within a maximum period of six months.
3 - Field inspection and stock
Do not mix the periodic inspection with the inspection before each use: this is strongly recommended and consists of a visual inspection after air inflation. It is also important to store the gloves in their UV resistant plastic bag and keep gloves away from light, heat and ozone. Ideally, the user should use our Pneumatic Tester, and the plastic box for better transportation and stock.
4 - Special properties
Gloves that pass the special properties (acid, oïl, ozone, very low temperature) are not resistant to chemicals. This is a to guarantee electrical protection in case of accidental contacts. After completing the electrical job, it is recommended to replace the contaminated gloves. Most of our gloves are RC (maximum), 00 and 0 are AZC (no resistance to oïl); Class 0 RC is available on demand.
We offer the periodic dielectric inspection service.
- On receipt of your order onto our premises , the gloves and sleeves are documented and then washed and dried.
- They are then visually inspected by our technicians, using inflation equipment.
- The next stage is electrical testing, at the correct voltage for their class, which is carried out using various test equipment; finally they are inflated and visually inspected again, then stamped and packed for returned
- Documentation accompanies the gloves and sleeves through all stages of testing and any failures are recorded and then destroyed. If the customer wishes, failures can be replaced with new items from our stocks.