Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is equipment that protects workers against health and safety risks on the job. This includes items such as protective helmets, eye protection, high-visibility clothing, safety footwear, safety harnesses and respiratory protective equipment.
The purchase of PPE is to reduce the hazards employees are exposed to during work i.e. wet flooring, falling debris and live electrics. By providing this equipment to your customers, you are ensuring they are staying safe in the workplace.
Here are some statistics that may shock you:
● 84% of employees who sustain a head injury are not wearing head protection.
● 90% of all workplace eye injuries are preventable with the use of proper safety eyewear.
● Wearing gloves reduces hand injury risk by 60%
● 99% of noise-induced hearing loss is preventable if proper hearing protection is used.
It is information like this that highlights just how important the correct personal protective equipment is.
At Boddingtons Electrical, we understand the importance of protective gear - specifically electrical safety PPE! That’s why we have created of range of Arc Flash PPE, giving electricians workplace protective equipment in a good, comfortable fit.
From head to toe, we provide workers with the right protection for their job; including safety glasses, electrical gloves, hard hats and work boots.
● Safety Glasses - Our safety goggles are designed to provide protection against debris, dust and any chemicals in your working environment. In some cases, goggles and glasses can be made to accommodate prescription lenses.
● Electrical Gloves - Using Boddingtons gloves protects hands and fingers from cuts, burns, abrasions and chemicals. While it’s impossible for gloves to remain 100% impenetrable to chemicals forever, our gloves are fully insulated and test stamped for working voltages ranging from 1000V up to 30,000V. Just like our 1000V tools, all of our Electrical Safety Gloves are manufactured to En-60903 and IEC-60903 standards.
● Hard Hats - If working in an busy, hazardous environment, electricians should wear hard hats to protect against impact from falling items or sometimes electric shocks. The team at Boddingtons do not recommend leaving your hard hit in the sun or even put stickers on it. By doing this, you will compromise the integrity of the material and leave yourself susceptible to injury.
● Work Dielectric Boots - Suitable for electrical contractors, utility workers, electrical welders and telecom workers, our Dielectric Boots protect feet from falling or rolling
objects as well as any sharp objects entering the feet. Just like our electrical gloves, they are certified to protect against electric shocks as well as oil and chemical resistant.
To find out more about our PPE range and how you can stock our products, get in touch with us on 01376 567490 or email [email protected]