Boddingtons Electrical Safety Rescue Hook
S Shaped hook for the safe removal of electric shock victims from live low voltage power lines, and electric powered machines. The hook enables the victim to be pulled clear by gripping the arms, legs, armpits, ankles etc. The safety gripping limit is marked with a black hand stop.
- Used for retrieval of victims of electric shock
- Safeguards the life of the first aider
- The hook station offers safe storage for the hook
- Should be placed in a prominent and easily accessible position near to the "live" site
- Suitable for outdoor storage, (e.g. outdoor substation) on account of U.V. stabilisation additive. However, the device must not be stored permanently in direct sunlight.
- Anticipated Life: 10 years. After this time the hook should be renewed. The year of manufacture is embossed on the hook.
- Space saving
1. Sent to a plastics recycling collection point.
2. Follow COSHH regulations for disposal of Polythene, i.e. at an approved regranulating or waste incineration site.
Always switch off the power supply when an emergency rescue is undertaken, whenever this is possible. The First Aider should always assume that he/she is working on a live installation, and use the emergency safety hook. There is always the possibility of a back feed or a charged Power Capacitor on systems where the emergency is taking place.